One word that every skincare enthusiast must know is “collagen”. Collagen is a protein that gives structure to our skin. You replenish your body’s collagen production through food and collagen supplements. It restores body tissues and toughness. If you ever wondered what holds the skin structure, texture and elasticity together, it’s collagen. It is one of the main building blocks of the skin. Collagen is also found in the bones, ligaments and tendons. But this article will pay attention to collagen in the skin. Did you know that collagen makes up about 75% of the skin structure? Here are other skincare benefits of collagen.
Skincare Benefits of Collagen
Replenishing Collagen: A Natural Approach for Smooth, Glowing Skin
1. Collagen is essential for smoothing the skin. When it is present in your food, you’re sure to replenish it naturally on the skin. Eating proteins and food rich in amino acids will help restore your collagen naturally. Collagen has anti-ageing effects and leaves your skin healthy and glowing. If you need to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines, ensure your food contains a healthy amount of protein (collagen).
Collagen & Hydration: The Dynamic Duo for Soft and Itch-Free Skin
2. Collagen promotes the general softness of the skin. It makes sure your skin is constantly hydrated and reduces itchiness. Our skin is made up of water which promotes the skin moisture of the body. Dry skin can lead to different skin conditions; therefore, the presence of collagen is essential. The best way to retain moisture on the skin is not just by drinking water but also by consuming collagen.
Collagen’s Magic Touch: Say Goodbye to Cellulite Worries
3. When there is collagen in the body, you won’t have to worry about cellulite. It helps to hide and cover cellulite. When our skin thins out from using harsh products or ageing, the cellulite becomes more visible. Collagen strengthens the dermis layer of the skin, therefore, hiding the cellulite.
Collagen’s Healing Power: Fading Acne Scars and Stretch Marks
4. One of the skincare benefits of collagen is that it fades acne scars and helps to fight stretch marks. There are different reasons why the skin stretches. When this happens, the presence of collagen fades stretch makes. It improves the appearance of the skin. Ensuring you eat food that promotes collagen production is a quick way to get rid of stretch marks. Acne leaves scars on the face that are sometimes difficult to get rid of. You can use shea butter to boost collagen production.
Read Also: Benefits of Organic Skincare Products
UV Protection: Collagen’s Shield Against Sun Damage
5. Collagen protects our skin from the damage of UV rays. The constant exposure to the sun causes sunburn and puts us at risk of cancer. Also, when we expose ourselves to the sun without wearing sunscreen, we break the collagen in our skin. Sun rays are more damaging to the skin than we know. Ask your dermatologist for the best supply of collagen supplements.
Body butters are also an excellent source of collagen. Shea butter boosts the body’s production of collagen. It contains naturally occurring chemicals. Shea butter also promotes new skin cell generation.
Eat your collagen through dairy products and proteinous meals.
What’s your first source of collagen for your body? Share this article with someone today.