Having a daily skin care routine has become a holy grail habit for people these days, and understandably so. Everyone wants great looking and youthful skin. Who doesn’t?
A skin care routine is a regular treatment for maintaining a healthy glowing skin or for correcting certain defects. The process of a skin care routine often involves the application of a combination of basic DIY skincare products or a more complex and technical use of professional services and tools.
The idea as stated earlier is to protect the skin, prevent or correct skin defects and to maintain a healthy glowing skin. We’ll be focusing on the ever popular DIY skin care routines which involves the use of trusted products for achieving this goal.
Due to the uniqueness and differences in types of skin, there are several kinds of products made and sold to cater for the needs of specific skin types. This often makes the choice of skin care products for our skin care routine a difficult one.
However, there are two products that every skin care regimen must have, regardless of skin type. This is the ‘Toner’ and the ‘Moisturizer’.
WHAT IS A TONER?
A Toner is a liquid substance used primarily to tighten the skin through minimizing the appearance of pores to create a smooth looking skin. They are also used to cleanse the skin and remove oils and dirts that clog the pores and often lead to breakouts and uneven complexion.
Toners also leave the skin feeling refreshed and supple as they prepare the skin to retain moisture which is a great base for any other products being added like moisturiser and makeup.
A good toner leaves the face looking refreshed and radiant.
Why Is A Toner Important?
1. A Toner is great for cleansing oils and dirts from the surface of the skin and even from the pores. This makes the face look clean and gives it space to breathe. A toner is also great for removing any left over makeup residues from the face after it has been washed or cleansed.
2. A Toner is a soothing agent for the skin, as long as it does not contain alcohol. It leaves a calming sensation for the skin and alleviates any temporary redness or discomfort.
3. A Toner is a great way to refresh your skin . You can spritz your face with a toner as a start to your routine or at the end of your daily routine.
4. A Toner helps to protect your skin from harmful environmental elements that could damage your skin. It does this through its effect of tightening your pores which makes it harder for such harmful elements to penetrate. Also, it effectively cleanses any elements that may have gotten into your skin.
5. A Toner helps your skin to retain moisture because it is naturally hydrating and this aids the absorption of moisturizer into your skin, thereby even more effectively trapping hydration in the skin.
6. A Toner tightens the pores of your skin. This is even more beneficial for people who have large pores or oily skin. It reduces the size of the pores thereby reducing the amount of oil seeping through to the surface of the skin and making the skin appear generally smoother and more luminous.
7. A Toner keeps your facial skin looking youthful and is a great anti-aging product.
What Toner Should You Use?
There are many options in the market for toners and most are made for specific skin types due to the sometimes harsh ingredients incorporated in them.
This is why we recommend that you get your toner from the Mayan Magic Soap brand which makes all their products with natural ingredients to effectively care for your skin needs while being gentle with your skin and maintaining it’s overall health.
The Mayan Magic Face Toner balances the pH of your skin and tightens it’s pores. It also smoothens skin and gives you an even-toned look. It is made with MHRB and Distilled water.
WHAT IS A MOISTURIZER?
A moisturizer is a very important part of your skin care regimen. It is so important that most people would bypass every other step but stick with this one. Although it is advised that other important steps are incorporated into your daily skin care regimen, there’s a reason why this one step is the least overlooked.
A moisturizer is used to maintain the skin’s balance. Regardless of skin type, a good moisturizer is used to prevent excess oiliness or dryness of the skin which can lead to skin problems such as breakouts, acne, irritations e.t.c.
Why Is A Moisturizer Important?
1. Moisturizing helps to maintain the natural balance of the skin.
2. Moisturizing reduces skin problems. This is because if the balance of the skin is maintained, there would be less reasons for skin problems.
3. Using a moisturizer daily protects your skin’s moisture barrier which helps prevent environmental elements from damaging your skin.
4. Using a moisturizer helps to prevent extreme dryness or oiliness of the skin. Both of these extremes can be harmful to the health and appearance of your skin. Moisturizing is important for all types of skin.
5. Moisturizing feeds your skin with the necessary hydration it needs. The skin is made up of more water than anything else and it requires hydration to stay rejuvenated.
6. Moisturizing also helps to seal the skin care products that have been previously applied to the face. It locks them all into the skin while giving them room to do their work.
7. Applying moisturizer keeps the skin looking supple, young and healthy as moisturizing helps to maintain the skin’s healthy cells. This in turn makes the aging process much slower.
8. Moisturizers act as a very good primer to make up applications. Helping it to sit properly into the skin and giving it a more natural and luminous appearance.
What Moisturizer Should You Use?
Moisturizers take different forms. They could come in the form of creams, lotions, gels, serums or oils but all these are targeted towards the same goal of keeping the skin hydrated and moisturized.
Cream and lotion moisturizers are good but they are generally heavier in weight and more complex in form which means that they take more time to be absorbed into the skin. They also often contain artificial or inorganic substances that could be harmful to the skin.
This is why the use of serums and oils have become the more preferred form of moisturizing. Most serums are made from organic products and most oils are natural and lightweight and take less time to be absorbed into the skin. In this case, it now becomes a matter of choice between which serums or oils to purchase.
However, we recommend that you check out the mayan magic face serum. It is made by the Mayan Magic soaps brand and all products are made from natural organic ingredients. This face serum does not only leave the skin feeling smooth and glowing, it also evens out the skin tone and prevents flaking. It is made from natural ingredients such as MHRB, grapeseed oil, Vitamin E, safflower oil and sunflower oil.
The Mayan Magic Face Serum sells for $27 only.