One thing women worry about during menopause is a healthy food that will help them balance their hormones. If this sounds like you, you must keep reading this article! The body experiences hormonal changes during menopause. This is because during menopause, the body no longer releases eggs and the ovaries stop functioning. When the body can no longer do this, there is a reduction in estrogen and progesterone levels. Menopause makes the body decrease the amount of hormones it produces. However, it is no cause for alarm because healthy food options allow you to rebalance your hormones naturally after 50.
Here are amazing food options to add to your diet.
8. Flaxseed: Did you know that flaxseed significantly impacts your estrogen level? Flaxseed contains proteins and fibre, which is excellent for rebalancing hormones. One way to have a great start in the morning is by adding a large spoonful of flaxseed to your cereal or smoothie. It is a great source of phytoestrogens. Flaxseed takes about three months to balance hormones. It is advisable to consume about 10 grams of flaxseed daily to see more results.
9. Water: While this might not be considered as food, it is a great way to rebalance your hormones. Water consumption is vital for hormonal balance and maintaining health. Adding water to your diet keeps us hydrated. Dehydration is one of the triggers of hormonal symptoms. It also leads to low energy levels. When the energy level of the body is low, we become tired, and this affects menopause symptoms. Drinking water at different times of the day will help to reduce bloating, which happens with hormonal changes. It also helps with vaginal dryness. To help boost your estrogen level, you are required to drink about eight to twelve glasses of water in a day. One of the symptoms of menopause is increased thirst, avoiding sugary drinks and taking water instead. If water does not excite you, infuse some fruits into your water or take water-rich foods.
10. Fruits and Vegetables: There are several foods that help to reduce menopausal symptoms and balance hormones. However, the fruits you add to your diet during menopause have different effects on the body. Apples and bananas have a cooling effect on the body after consumption, especially if you struggle with hot flushes. Berries, citrus, lemons and some other fruits help to make you feel better. They offer vitamins to the body and are a great source of antioxidants.
The above-listed foods are great for women in their 50s looking to rebalance their hormones, and with the right meal plan, eating while in menopause does not become boring and restrictive. Always ensure you have the right amount of healthy fats, protein, dairy, whole grains, fruits and vegetables every day.
There are certain foods to avoid that will reduce the symptoms of menopausal symptoms. These foods will also alter the estrogen levels in the body. As a woman in her 50s and above, be sure to avoid the following foods or eat if only recommended by your doctor:
– Processed carbs and added sugars
– Spicy food
– Food that contains high salt
– Baked food made with white flour
– Sugary drinks
– Cakes and Biscuits
Always remember that menopause is a natural phase of life. Ensure you take natural supplements as they will help to reduce your menopause symptoms. Cutting down on your diet will help you lose weight and feel better about your health generally.
Another way to rebalance your hormones is through exercises and ensuring a nutrient-dense diet. It is always advisable to talk to your doctor. This way you will be able to know what your menopausal symptoms need or the things to avoid.
Remember, the right menopausal diet will create a positive impact on your hormonal fluctuation.