Lemongrass makes a great tea but have you tried its essential oil on your skin or hair? Lemongrass oil is extracted from lemongrass, which explains the fruity lemon scent. It is made by cutting lemongrass stalks, taking out the outer layer, and blending it using a pestle and mortar.
The process of making lemongrass essential oil can take up to 48 hours and blends perfectly with basil, grape seed, and other oil and it is animal cruelty-free (safe to use on dogs and cats) as it is a natural product.
If you are having an off day and need to boost your mood, a sniff of lemongrass oil will help set your mood right. Lemongrass oil serves as a good diffuser, can be used for other purposes, but this article explains its benefits for the skin and hair.
LEMONGRASS OIL FOR SKIN
The thing no one tells you is that the application of lemongrass essential oil directly to the skin can be harmful. Look out for products that contain lemongrass essential oil or dilute it before using it on the skin. Wearing lemongrass oil on your skin is nearly equivalent to wearing happiness. It is a mood booster. It also controls shine and reduces the production of excessive oil on the skin. Lemongrass oil has a calm and soothing quality that helps you sleep better at night. It can also be used for aromatherapy and serves as an insect repellant for the skin.
BENEFITS OF LEMONGRASS OIL FOR THE SKIN
1. It is perfect for oily skin as it reduces the production of oil. It is non-comedogenic. Most skincare lines include lemongrass oil in their products, especially facial cleaners. The lesser the production of oil, the lesser the acne; this is to say that lemongrass oil is a natural remedy for acne. It fights the acne-causing bacteria and leaves your skin as smooth as a baby’s.
2. It is anti-inflammatory. When you have an inflammation in the body, there are chances it can lead to cancer or arthritis. The constant use of lemongrass essential oil on the body reduces inflammation. Lemongrass contains citral. Citral is a fruit peel oil found in citric fruits that helps in soothing inflammation.
3. Lemongrass oil can be added to your shower time to pamper your skin. The smell of this essential oil has calming effects that can soothe your mind. Remember, when your body is stressed, it shows on the skin, which leads to breakouts, wrinkles, and fine lines on the face.
4. Lemongrass oil is good for detoxifying and purifying the skin. It helps in preventing and rejuvenating damaged cells.
5. Lemongrass oil helps to lighten the skin naturally as it contains limonene.
You can add lemongrass essential oil to another carrier oil like jojoba oil, coconut oil, etc. When you want to inhale the essential oil, put a few drops into boiling water and cover your eyes before inhaling. Use a cotton ball or handkerchief when you want to inhale the oil.
LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL FOR HAIR
When sourcing products for your hair, look out for lemongrass oil as an ingredient. If you already have a shampoo or conditioner, then you can add a few drops from your bottle of this essential oil.
BENEFITS OF LEMONGRASS OIL FOR HAIR
1. It strengthens the hair follicle. It serves as a good stimulant for the hair. It keeps the hair thick and healthy when used daily or for your hair care routine.
2. Lemongrass oil is perfect for fighting dandruff on the hair. Due to its anti-inflammatory property, it reduces the itchiness of the scalp and calms it too. When you have new hair done, use diluted lemongrass essential oil on your scalp. You can also mix it with another carrier oil, leave it in for about an hour before washing it off. It makes your scalp fresher and helps get rid of dandruff.
3. When you massage lemongrass oil into the scalp, it promotes hair growth. It opens up the hair’s follicles and promotes blood circulation, which in turn leads to more hair growth.
4. It is easy to catch on dirt and lice on the hair, especially when you visit the salon without your hair products. The fragrance from lemongrass oil suffocates lice on the hair. Mix your lemongrass essential oil with neem oil and use it on the hair before washing off using a herbal shampoo.
Too much oil on the scalp can lead to hair fall. Lemongrass oil reduces the excess production of oil, which also applies to the head’s scalp. When you feel an itch on your hair, massage diluted lemongrass essential oil into your scalp with a cotton ball.
FUN FACTS ABOUT LEMONGRASS
I. It promotes good sleep. If you have had a long day and need a good night’s rest, a lemongrass oil diffuser is an extra touch your sleeping space needs.
II. It helps to regulate blood sugar and lipids. It also reduces headaches and might help your diarrhea. Lemongrass oil has its health benefits. Only ingest according to your health care provider or doctor’s recommendation as there are possible side effects.
III. Lemongrass essential oil can be used for cooking. It gives a nice aroma and a better taste to your food. Check out recipes that include lemongrass oil if you’re looking to add new things to your meal plan.
IV. Did you know that lemongrass oil is used to make candles and diffusers not just for its smell but also because it repels bugs and insects? You can also buy a lemongrass bug repellant or create one from your essential oil.
V. Lemongrass essential oil boosts your thinking. It helps to balance your emotions and gives you better concentration.
Next time you are in beauty or cosmetic store, check the ingredients and add anything with lemongrass essential oil into your cart. Before you ingest lemongrass, please seek a doctor’s advice as it can cause drowsiness and nausea. What’s a skincare routine without a few drops of lemongrass essential oil? You can shop your lemongrass essential oil from us today.
image source: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321969