The main ingredients for the clay mask are kaolin and bentonite. Trust us when we say these are excellent treatments for spots on your face or skin. Not only do clay masks treat acne and spots, but they also help to absorb oil from the skin without drying it out. There are many benefits of clay masks for skin and spot treatment. In this article, we will be listing out these benefits. Also, remember to purchase your clay mask here.
How to use a clay mask
To get the full benefits of a clay mask, you need to apply it correctly. Cleanse your skin properly with a mild cleanser. Mix your clay mask with a bit of water to create a consistent paste. Apply this clay mask paste on your face and let it sit in for about five to ten minutes (depending on your skin type ). Remember, you can either spread the clay mask with your fingers or use a brush to get it evenly across your face. When the mask is dry, rinse off with lukewarm water. It is best to use warm water because hot water dries off the skin and makes it extra oily. Use a damp washcloth to eliminate the leftover clay mask on your face.
1. Clay mask works as a spot treatment for pimples and acne. Use a cotton ball and dab on the clay mask mixed with water. Place it on the spots with a pimple and let it stay overnight. Wash off in the morning and apply your moisturiser. When you repeat this procedure for about two weeks, you will notice a positive result on your skin.
2. Clay masks restores the balance on your skin. Due to our lifestyle, environment or product we use, it can affect the sebum production on the skin. When this happens, our pores enlarge to accommodate the bacteria trapped in the surface of our skin. The stretch and enlargement of the pores are responsible for pimples and breakouts. By using a clay mask, you can restore balance on the skin. It absorbs the excess oil on the skin, reducing the pores. While the clay mask does this, it also restores balance and gives your skin an even tone or complexion.
3. Clay mask minimises shine in the T-zone (forehead, nose, chin) and other face parts. When a clay mask exfoliates the face, it reduces shine on the surface. Did you know that using a clay mask gives your face a matte look?
4. Clay masks refine the pores of your skin. Most skincare enthusiasts will tell you that the reduction of pores is possible. Well, you cannot reduce your pores, but with a clay mask, you can get them refined. Clay masks are rich in antioxidants and effectively reduce pores on the skin.
5. Clay masks draw out impurities from your skin. While we go through the day’s activities, we get involved with dirt, germs and pollution. These things affect our face and leave it clogged with dead skin cells. Clay masks capture these impurities and keep our faces clean from their harmful effects. It is safe to call clay masks skin magnets as they focus on extracting impurities.
6. Clay mask is soothing and perfect for an in-house spa day. When you need a relaxing skincare product, the clay mask is your go-to product. It also rejuvenates the skin and prevents the signs of aging. While enjoying your skincare routine, the clay mask promises to keep your skin firm.
7. Clay masks help to boost blood circulation. It also adds nutrients to the body and supports healing. When you rub the clay mask around your face, oxygenated blood can be delivered.
Did you know that bentonite clay can be used to treat poison ivy? It is also great for treating different skin conditions.
Suppose you need a product that gives your skin an excellent matte look while also a balanced complexion; the clay mask needs to be in your routine. It also gives hydrating qualities to the skin and is suitable for people with sensitive or oily prone skin.
There are different clay masks, but it is safe to note that kaolin clay masks are excellent for your skin.
Share this article with someone today.