Acne is perhaps, the biggest enemy everyone dreads. It has no respect for age, gender and certainly none for status. One minute, you’re proud of your skin goals and the next, some ugly acne pops up to say hi. Thanks to makeup, you don’t have to fret too much but did we also mention that acne has no respect for multiple layers of foundation?
You see, acne
May look like some tiny Angry Birds that breakout at will but there’s always a reason for the “sudden” breakouts. Before you notice a blackhead or pimple, your system must have noticed them first and attempted to save your skin.
These unwanted visitors can be triggered by certain foods and makeup products which implies that an unhealthy lifestyle could increase your chances of being covered in acne. The good news, however, is that acne, no matter the cause, can be cleared leaving little to no spots behind. Knowing this, we went on to compile some of the best natural remedies for acne and their accompanying spots.
ACV has proven to be a good exfoliator and oxidant. Its acidic contents pull out the dirt and extra sebum from the pores and dry up the wounds rather quickly.
How to use apple cider vinegar:
- First of all, you have to get the substance either by preparing it yourself or purchasing one from a mall.
- Once you have the ACV ready, pour a little amount into a bowl. If it doesn’t go round your face, you could always add more.
- Take a ball of clean cotton wool and soak in the bowl.
- Clean your face with the wool and repeat steps 3 and 4 until your face is all covered in some ACV.
- Rinse off after 10 minutes with clean water and repeat the whole process before going to bed.
Each Aloe Vera leaf contains organic silicon in high amounts which have been recognized as healing agents. These enzymes close up pores faster and cause leftover scars to fade away leaving your skin almost flawless and healthy. In the long run, this appears to be more effective because it kills infections leaving no space for acne to breed anymore.
How to use aloe vera:
- Neatly cut a leaf from the stem.
- Place it in a bowl with the base down and tip up so that the resin can flow out. This should take just about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Using a clean knife, take out any of the sides to expose the gel.
- Squeeze out the gel into a clean bowl. Don’t worry if the thick lining comes out as well.
- Whisk the contents of the bowl properly using a knife or a small hand whisk.
- Apply the gel every morning and evening until you exhaust the content. Preserve the remnant in a refrigerator.
What green tea does it that it reduces the swelling and dries up the leftover scars, thanks to its EGCG content. However, you shouldn’t expect the result to be as excellent as that of the apple cider vinegar as the latter contains acids that are more intolerant.
How to use green tea
Boil the green tea source (either the leaves or the teabag) in a cup of hot water and allow it to cool.
When the water feels warm enough on your hand, remove the teabag and begin to dab on your face. If you used the leaves, get a simple fiber mask and dip into the water then cover your face with it.
Allow the solution to stay on your face for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing off with clean water.
How to use lemon juice
- Get a handful of lemons and cut in halves.
- Squeeze out the juice in a clean bowl.
- Due to the high alkalinity of lemon, it is advisable to add a tablespoon of honey or any essential oil to tone down the harsh effects.
- Apply the mixture on your face while targeting the acne spots.
- After 5 minutes, proceed to wash off with warm water.
The combination of honey and any of the colloidal substances produce a mix that is not only anti-bacterial but also anti-inflammatory.
How to use honey and cinnamon or turmeric
Purchase a bottle of pure honey. Check to make sure that it is PURE because not all honey additives are healthy for the skin.
Take a tablespoon of the cinnamon or turmeric powder and mix with two tablespoons of honey.
Apply the mixture on your face and leave for 5 minutes before washing off with warm water.
Getting rid of acne can be quite daunting but if you keep up with the regiments listed here, you can be sure of nailing your skin goals sooner than you thought. Nonetheless, we advise that you try out the remedies on your skin before applying on your face to see if there would be any adverse effects but for all we know, all of the remedies in this article are quite harmless.
Thank you for reading! If you’d like 7 more amazing ways having great skin can make you feel, then follow that link. Also check out this article on Skin care tips for the new year. Feeling the winter chill? Check out these tips to keep your skin glowing this winter. Be sure to check out the rest of Mayan Magic Soaps, we have a ton of resources for you.